Kitchen fire often makes people worried, because it can easily and quickly spring up. If you are dealing with kitchen fire, there are three basic things you need to do. The first is using the fire extinguisher, the second is smoothing the fire, and the third is calling fire department. You need to know when to do what action. There three most basic fire in the kitchen that you need to know; they are grease fire, oven or microwave fire, and electrical fire. Each of fire has their own solutions. This article will help you to know how to deal with kitchen fire.
How to deal with kitchen fire comes from grease?
Dealing with grease fire, you need to do some prevention. To prevent grease fire, you need to prepare oven mitt, pot holder, and a lid to grab the fire spark. Do this prevention whenever you are cooking. If the grease comes to your pan, take an oven mitt. Place any lid to cover the pan. Less oxygen will automatically make the fire die. You may also take a wet towel or clothes on the basic of the fire. Do not swat the fire with the towel or clothes, because it will make the fire spread quickly. Do not also use water to solve grease fire because it will make the fire out of control. After doing all the action, turn of the burner. Do not move the pan; let the pan becomes cooler on its place.
How to deal with kitchen fire comes from your oven or microwave?
The key point in dealing with oven and microwave fire is less oxygen in it. If the fire comes from your oven, close the oven door and turn it off. If the fire does not die, call the fire department. Use the oven as usual after it is repaired. If the fire comes from your microwave, do the same step at the beginning. Close the microwave door and turn it off. Unplug any cable if it is possible. Do not use the microwave until you get a technician repair it.
How to deal with kitchen fire comes from your electricity?
Prevent any kitchen fire comes from your electricity by not overloading your electrical unit from your appliances. If the fire comes from it, use the fire extinguisher. To use the fire extinguisher, remove the pin. Turn it to the basic of the fire, not to the top of the fire. Hold it by handle and press down the lever on the fire extinguisher. Let it when to turn it off. Spray horizontally until the fire die and you are finished to deal with the fire. Do not use water to deal with electrical fire. Do not forget to always call fire department for any electrical fire, even if you have use the fire extinguisher.
Baking soda is also good to deal with small fire. If you don’t have anything to deal with the fire, grab some baking soda and spread it on the fire. Do not use floor because it will explode and make the fire bigger. If the kitchen fire is out of control, call the fire department or 911 will be the best way on how to deal with kitchen fire.
- Images: smallbusiness.chron.com, propertymanagementinsider.com, kikiandtea.com, ehow.com