Painting is one of the easiest ways to add the new look in your home. It helps you to add new look to your home quickly and easily. Before applying the method, homeowners might be wondering on how much does it cost to paint a house. Cost always becomes the main consideration in a home improvement project. Read this article to get more information on pricing.
People who want to get accurate information on how much does it cost to paint a house are advised to get an estimate from companies like Dilcon Construction which offer excellent painting services. However, you can also make a calculation on the painting cost by considering some aspects. These aspects include preparation work, accessibility, and project complexity level. As basic information, the preparation work is the what is needed to make preparation on the wall surface. The jobs can include scraping, sanding, caulking, priming, repair/replacing boards, chemically stripping, use of heat gun, and EPA standard for lead paint removal. The preparation work depends on your wall condition.
How much does it cost to paint a house? Here are some calculations for your painting project.
- Small house with low prep/basic job: $2,000 – $4,000.
- Small house with mid prep/average job: $3,000 – $6,000.
- Small house with high prep/complex job: $5,000 – $12,000
- Medium house with low prep/basic job: $3,000 – $7,000.
- Medium house with mid prep/average job: $5,000 – $10,000.
- Medium house with high prep/complex job: $9,000 – $18,000.
- Large house with low prep/basic job: $6,000 – $12,000.
- Large house with mid prep/average job: $5,000 – $18,000.
- Large house with high prep/complex job: $16,000 – $30,000.
Extra Large House
- Extra large house with low prep/basic job: $10,000 – $30,000.
- Extra large house with mid prep/average job: $15,000 – $45,000.
- Extra large house with high prep/complex job: $16,000 – $30,000.
You should remember that if the preparation job is difficult, the cost might exceed those numbers. These numbers might not be accurate but it might be close to the cost. Before calculating the cost of your painting job, it is better for you to consider the aspects which influence the cost. How much does it cost to paint a house? You should take measurement of the surface area and the square footage which will be painted. Consider the prep work which is needed for your wall surface.
How much does it cost to paint a house? You need to take consideration of the products which are used. The paint can vary starting from latex paint, semi-transparent, to solid stain. You also need to consider the height of the house. Other important aspects to consider include the amount of the surfaces and the complexity, type of staging required, applicable taxes, regional overhead, the ease of the access, the removal and reinstallation of fixtures, and much more. In some painting jobs, you might need to use certain equipment like a hydraulic lift. The amount of the cost above might not be too accurate but it might help to give you the idea on the painting cost.
- Images: everything-home.usstoragesearch.com, 1apainting.com, custompaintservice.com